Do you want to know how to rebuild a floor jack? Still wondering how to refill a floor jack? If yes, then continue reading the blog as we have discussed the steps on how to rebuild a floor jack and the best budget floor jack. Maintaining a jack is essential and the user should follow a maintenance routine to prolong its life.
Below we have discussed the steps to rebuild a floor jack:
- The first step is to drain the oil, clean it and replace the drain plug. Once you clean the drain, you need to take off the handle assembly.
- The next step is to take off the valve. You will notice either a pin or a ball and you can remove it by unscrewing it.
- The third step is to discard the overload valve, two balls, and springs below the valve. Just make certain that you notice the order of these parts while removing it as when you will replace them you will not face a problem.
- Now, remove the tank nut by using a pipe wrench. While removing it, you need to make a note of which piece is inside as when you place the parts together, you will know the sequence.
- Determine the ‘O Rings’, seals, and breaks of every part. Once you will change the washers and O-rings with the new ones, ensure that you prevent it from getting damaged the surface.
- Now, carefully reassemble the piston. Just make sure you reassemble in the same order you removed it. You simply need to put back the piston inside and shut the tank nut tightly.
- Once you close the tank nut, you need to replace the springs and balls in the overload valve cautiously. In most cases, the smallest ball goes in the beginning, followed by the next smaller spring. However, we suggest you check the instruction manual and confirm which parts will go in the first place.
- Now, replace the pin inside, valve screw and the ball carefully.
- Push the piston back and replace the handle assembly by using the bolts.
- The last step is to open the oil cap and refill the jack. Now, pump the handle multiple times and shut off the valve and pump the jack multiple times.
The above are a few steps to rebuild a floor jack on your own. Ensure that you follow all the steps to avoid any inconvenience. The floor jack replacement parts are easily available in the market, ensure that you replace the parts on time as purchasing the new jack cost will you more.
We hope after reading the blog, we have helped you rebuild a floor jack on your own. Just make sure to follow all the steps carefully and this way, you can avoid calling a technician.