Do you want to know about how to convert floor jack to motorcycle lift? Still figuring out which is the best motorcycle floor jack or how to jack up a motorcycle? If you have these questions in mind, then don’t worry as this blog entails the details on jacking up a motorcycle and the best-rated floor jack available in the market. Make certain that you learn how to use correctly a jack to avoid any accident or mishappening.
Below are the steps on how to lift a motorcycle with a floor jack in just a few steps:
- The first step is to find a flat surface to lift the motorcycle safely. You can use the jack on a flat surface to ensure your safety.
- After finding a flat surface, ensure that you examine the underside of the motorcycle carefully. Avoid using an uneven area as it might cause the bike to fall.
- Now, adjust the motorcycle and make the necessary adjustments. Don’t forget to place wood blocks under the motorcycle if the motorcycle has a side stand.
- Then tie the motorcycle as it will ensure the safety. You can use a tie-down strap as it is easily available in the market.
- Now, place the jack under the motorcycle by using the large handle. It is advisable to place the jack under the flat surface which you have located initially. Place the jack in the middle of the rubber platform of the jack and lock the wheels properly.
- Once you place the jack, now use the foot pedal of the jack to raise the cycle slowly. You need to select the lift height as it will vary depending on the work you need to perform and the parts you need to access.
- The last step is to place the jack if you have heavier work. If the work on the motorcycle is light, then you can use jack stands. You can place a stand on each wheel and release the jack safely. This way, you can unlock the wheels and slide it under the bike safely.
The above are a few steps to lift a motorcycle by using a jack. Ensure that you follow all the steps to avoid any mishappening. Take your time and don’t hurry as it will prevent any accident or damage to yourself. Use the jack only when you learn how to do it safely. We highly suggest you follow all the steps very carefully as any wrong step can cause the bike to fall or an accident can happen.
We hope this blog helps you lift a motorcycle using a jack safely. It is important that you read the manual instruction of the jack as it will help you work more efficiently and quickly as you will be well-equipped with the knowledge of the parts of the jack. Your safety is utmost important so don’t compromise and follow the steps carefully.